What is clipping path?
Clipping Path known as a closed vector path, or shape, usually drawn with Photoshop pen tool to cut-out an image from its background easily. When the clipping path is applied to an image, anything inside the path is included and everything outside the path is omitted. Used of clipping path in the photo industry specially Ecommercse sector has increased dramatically in the past couple for years. This is because the result of cutting out an image from the background using Photoshop clipping path is the best method in terms of quality.
Who needs clipping path service?
Nowadays, many individuals and companies need a clipping path service. Particularly who are involved in photography, designing, advertising and printing industries.
How do the Clipping Paths work?
For an example, if you want to create a beautiful silhouette that transfer well to other applications for text wrapping, create a clipping path in Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 5. Creating a clipping path is easy when you have a right path. We have some vert easy steps for you to follow:
- Use the Photoshop Pen tool to create a path around the image area that will become the silhouette.
- In the Paths panel, choose to save the Path from the panel menu (click the triangle in the upper right corner of the layer panel) and then name the path.
- From the same panel menu, choose Clipping Path.
- In the Clipping Paths dialog box, choose your path from the drop-down list, if it is not already selected; click OK.
- Choose File => Save as and, i the Format drop-down list, select Photoshop EPS; in the EPS Options dialog box that appears, accept the defaults and click OK.
If you are placing this file is other Adobe application, such as InDesign, you do not need to save the file as EPS or any other format you can leave it as a Photoshop (.psd) file, this is the best practice.
Here is an even faster method you can use to create a clipping path that can be used in other Adobe applications, such as InDesign and Illustrator:
- You have to create a path around the item you want to keep when the clipping path is created. Make sure that you are working on a layer and not on the Background layer. To convert the Background to a layer, hold down the Alt key (Windows) or the Option key (Mac) and double-click the Background layer. The Background layer is now Layer 0.
- In the layers panel, click the ‘Add Layer Mask’ button and then click the ‘Add Layer Mask’ button again.
- Save the file in the .psd format.
- Choose a File => Place to put the image, with its clipping path include, into other Adobe application.
What do we do?
We know how important it is to create images that do not look like they were edited, images that have perfectly drawn clipping paths. That concern to detail results in impressive, realistic-looking images. We hand draw every clipping path and photo cut-out with the Photoshop Pen tool to ensure that we have full control and can achieve clean, finished edges on all image. We deliver the quality of clipping path service to help you meet your tight deadlines and budgets.